The symptoms of lacking vitamin D are vague, you can be tired, get general aches or pains. If you lack a big mount of vitamin D, you would feel the pain in your bones and weak then you will find it is hard to go around. Sometimes there is no symptoms of vitamin D deficiency at all so that it is important to find out if you are lacking vitamin D or not.
If you think you may have vitamin D deficiency, you should see your physician, or have a blood test to check your vitamin D levels.
Groups of people who are more likely to be lacking in vitamin D
It is too late when your vitamin D levels is low so that you should check your own physical or have a blood test as soon as possible when you think you may lack in vitamin D. Some people can get vitamin D naturally but there are some group of people cannot get enough vitamin D cause of physical or their habit, include:
- People with darker skin: you should remember that the dark skin people get less vitamin D than the white one even they are stand in the same place, or lay in the same beach. The darker your skin is, the more sun you need to get enough vitamin D to be healthy as a pair skin person. If you have black skin, you will have to care about your vitamin D levels more carefully than people who are white.
- People who cover their skin whole day: These people will have pair skin but they still get vitamin D deficiency. This group of people can get enough vitamin D because their skin doesn’t show under the sun. You shouldn’t cover your skin all of the time to get whiter skin. If you are go out in morning, you should show your skin under sun light to get amount of vitamin D to be healthier.
- People who spend a lot of time indoors: Some people don’t get chance to go out under sun light such as: housekeeper, night shift worker, or people who can walk naturally. To get enough vitamin D this group of people should think about supplement and fulfill vitamin D food, but remember going under sun light as much as possible is the most important thing.
- People who live in the North areas: There are fewer hours of overhead sunlight, because this place is far away from the equator. You cannot stay in other part of Earth in this case, but you still can get any chance to go under sun light or eat more healthy food to get enough vitamin D.
- Older people: This group of people has thinner skin so that your skin cannot produce as much as skin of young people. For this reason, older people really need supplement and vitamins to not be lacking in vitamin D.
- Infants and pregnant people: they need a big mount of vitamin D which general meal cannot give enough. Infants are breastfed so that they would be not given a vitamin D supplement if their mothers don’t take vitamin D supplement.
Good source of vitamin D
If you want to get enough vitamin D naturally, you can get it by eating more food which is good source of vitamin D such as:
- fortified fat spreads
- oily fish – such as sardines, salmon and mackerel
- some powdered milks
- fortified breakfast cereals
In other way, you can get vitamin D by use supplement daily, it seem to be the easiest way to be healthier.